About the Book
Awareness That Heals offers you a variety of practices to be aware of what may be troubling you, while simultaneously finding a place to actively care for yourself.
This transformative work will help you respond, in a highly effective manner, to life’s challenges—especially when you are most prone to be critical or to withdraw. Robert Strock is a leading psychotherapist in Southern California, and Awareness That Heals is an expression of the tools that Robert has developed over a lifetime of inspired self-exploration. The unique approach he has developed, and is offered in this book, is based on the successful outcomes that many thousands of his clients and colleagues have experienced for themselves.
The following techniques in Awareness That Heals will help you:
• Perceive your tone of voice and understand how it may create harm.
• Learn how to move toward healing with your tone, so that your practice leads to a sense of well-being.
• Access your own wise inner guidance—especially in times of greatest need.
• Use tools to discover where you usually & unwittingly abandon or criticize yourself.
• Learn practices for self-caring that defeat feelings of self-rejection and its associated fear and pain.
• Discover how to contain your anger without suppressing it, and learn how to focus on going for what you passionately need rather than being angry at what you are against.
“I ask you to read this book not just as a reader, but also as a participator: let yourself get personally involved. Just as I have brought my life’s challenges to these practices, I am inviting you to bring yours. You will derive the greatest benefit if you identify at least one personal challenge, whether past, present or anticipated, and bring it to your experience as you read Awareness That Heals. If you follow this suggestion, each practice will make more sense and the experience of reading will be more real and relevant. Your personal involvement enhances the dynamic relationship between the practices and you.”